5 Things To Celebrate In July
Now that the big holiday is over July 4th there are still other things to celebrate this is the first full month of "summer" weather so enjoy it. Here are 5 things that are happening this month other than the 4th of July.
1. Amazon Prime Day is coming up . . . and it's two days now, on July 15th and 16th.
2. Some big movies hit theaters this month: "Spider-Man: Far From Home" opens tomorrow. The live-action "Lion King" comes out July 19th. And Quentin Tarantino's new movie, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" opens July 26th.
3. The third season of "Stranger Things" hits Netflix this Thursday. And two other big shows come back on July 26th: "Veronica Mars", and the final season of "Orange Is the New Black". Also, July 21st is the 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong's moon-walk, so there are a bunch of specials. And "Shark Week" starts July 28th.
4. In sports: Wimbledon gets started today . . . the U.S. Women's Soccer team takes on England in the World Cup semi-final tomorrow . . . MLB All-Star week kicks off next Monday . . . the 2019 ESPYs are July 10th . . . and British Open coverage starts July 14th.
5. Are you still full from the 4th of July cookouts? Well, free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven is July 11th. National French Fry Day is July 13th. National Hot Dog Day is July 17th, and National Ice Cream Day is July 21st.