11 Most Expensive Zip Codes To Buy a Home
Are you in the market to buy a new home? Here are 11 zip codes around the Capital Region that are the most expensive to buy one in.
When I saw this list, a few areas came to mind instantaneously. Of course you think of Saratoga, Loudonville, Clifton Park and a few others. All of those made the list. But there were a few in Columbia County that kind of threw me off. I guess when I think of Columbia County, I don't exactly think big expensive homes. So, here is the list based off of median house pricing.
- 12207 - Downtown Albany - $360,000 (13th in the state)
- 12866 - Saratoga Springs - $356,000 (15th in the state)
- 12148 - Rexford - $336,000 (23rd in the state)
- 12159 - Slingerlands - $330,500 (24th in the state)
- 12136 - Old Chatham - $307,500 (36th in the state)
- 12211 - Loudonville - $300,000 (42nd in the state)
- 12056 - Clifton Park - $299,500 (44th in the state)
- 12029 - Canaan - $295,000 (47th in the state)
- 12019 - Ballston Lake - $285,000 (52nd in the state)
- 12077 - Glenmont - $283,500 (56th in the state)
- 12118 - Mechanicville - $276,000 (62nd in the state)
Does your address have one of these zip codes? See the full list of 62 most expensive zip codes in New York listed here from NYUP. I would assume they didn't even bother to rank any zips in NYC, for good reason.