Where You Can Catch the Fireworks Around the Capital Region
Looking to watch some beautiful explosions in the sky this 4th of July? Here's a list of celebrations going on the Capital Region this week.
Sure there are many occasions throughout the year where fireworks are displayed prominently in the night sky but none more so than on the 4th of July. The fireworks are a celebration tradition for America's Independence Day that goes back to 1776 and has since reached new highs in the blowing stuff up department.
If you are looking to checkout some fireworks displays going off around the Capital Region this 4th of July here are some places you can see the explosions in the sky;
Tuesday, July 3
Wednesday, July 4
- Saratoga Springs: City Center/Congress Park. Fireworks, parade
- Waterford: 7th and Main Street. Parade
- Cobleskill: Schoharie County Sunshine Fairgrounds. Fireworks, parade
- Albany: Empire State Plaza. Fireworks, music
- Troy: Joseph L. Bruno Stadium. Fireworks, baseball game
- Clifton Park: Clifton Common. Fireworks, parade
Saturday, July 7
- Wilton: Gavin Park. Fireworks, music
Sunday, July 8
- Fonda: Recreational Park. Fireworks, music
If you are road tripping out of the Capital Region for the holiday and looking for place to check out a fireworks display elsewhere in Upstate New York NYup has a descent list of fireworks display across Upstate New York.
Did we miss any? Let us know in the comments.