6 Movies Filmed in The Capital Region
I can understand why Hollywood loves to film movies in the Capital Region. You've got everything from mountains, to rivers, to big city downtown settings all within an hour's drive. About the only thing you don't have is a tropical setting in upstate NY.
Being a movie buff, when I move to a new city I always look up what movies were filmed there and try to visit some of the shooting sites.
Here are my favorite movies filmed in the Capital Region.
As Amazon Associates, we earn on qualifying purchases.
1. "The Other Guys" staring Will Ferrell and Marky Mark Wahlberg (Albany)
2. "Seabiscuit" starring Tobey Maguire and Jeff Bridges (Saratoga)
3. "The Way We Were" starring Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford (Ballston Spa/Schenectady's Union College)
4. "Scent of a Woman" starring Al Pacino (Troy)
5. "The Place Beyond The Pines" starring Ryan Gosling (Schenectady/Niskayuna)
6. "The Horse Whisperer" starring Robert Redford, Scarlett Johanssen (Saratoga Springs/ Ballston Spa)
So, those are some of the biggest movies shot in the Capital Region. Which ones did I miss?