Will New Yorkers Be Able to Gather for the Holidays? Do you Have a Fan?
On Friday the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published their suggestions for "safer ways to celebrate the holidays". With 64% of New Yorkers being fully vaccinated we should be able to start heading back to the way the holidays were prior to the pandemic right? Not exactly. This year you might need a window fan.
Forbes quoted Dr. Anthony Fauci from his appearance on CBS Sunday. This is what Fauci had to say regarding getting together for the holidays. "it’s just too soon to tell, We’ve just got to concentrating on continuing to get those numbers down and not try to jump ahead by weeks or months and say what we’re going to do at a particular time"
According to the CDC these are some of the safer ways to celebrate the holidays.
- If celebrating indoors, use a window fan in one of the open windows to blow air out of the window, pulling fresh air in through the other open windows.
- Throw a virtual dance party and collaborate with friends and family on a playlist
- If celebrating indoors, - open windows and doors
Top of the List Suggestions:
- Get vaccinated
- Wear a mask in-doors, in public
- Celebrate with people who live with you
- Celebrate virtually
- Celebrate outside at least 6 feet apart from others
If you are planning to travel for the holidays, the CDC recommends delaying travel until you are fully vaccinated. Keep in mind that everyone, even people who are fully vaccinated, will still be required to wear a mask on public transportation. For more tips and suggestions on holiday travel take a look at the CDC's travel page.