The Top 10 Lies People Tell
With the recent documentary on Michael Jackson premiering on HBO this week, everyone is accusing the men of lying about sexual abuse. It made me think about the pool of lies we live in today’s society. From the president to family members, it seems like everyone participates in active lies.
Everyone is lying about lying, but if you ask most people they will all come to an agreement that no one likes a liar. Unfortunately most people, I’m going to jump out on a limb, and estimate that the average person tells at least one lie per day.
According to the survey, the average person said they lie 48 times a year, which seems WAY low, so I’m assuming they are lying. Here are the ten most common lies we tell, according to the survey at Mirror.
1. That everything is fine.
2. That you liked a gift you didn't really like.
3. That you're too busy to do something.
4. That you were late because you were stuck in traffic.
5. Saying you're on your way when you haven't left yet.
6. Lying about why you were late to work.
7. When you're drunk, adamantly telling everyone you're NOT drunk.
8. Saying you already cleaned the house, even though you haven't. Like if your husband or wife says they're on their way home, and you haven't even started yet.
9. Lying about your age.
10. Lying about how many people you've slept with. Also, 30% of people in the survey said they think they're a good liar.
So, Donald Trump isn’t the only liar out here, realistically how times do you think you lie in a year. I think the average person is in excess of 365.