The Longest Heat Wave In 5 Years How To Stay Cool
It's about to be HOT HOT HOT! Starting on Saturday, the Capital District faces the prospect of six straight days with temperatures in the 90s. That last happened between July 13 and July 19, 2013.
The worse of the heat will hit on Sunday and Monday, when the National Weather Service in Albany says the mercury should rise into the upper 90s. What are you going to do to keep cool. I love the hot weather but it can get overbearing. If you aren't privileged enough to have AC here is a list of 5 things you can do to keep cool during the HeatWave:
- Wear loose-fitting clothing, preferably of a light color.
- Fill a spray bottle with water and keep it in the refrigerator for a quick refreshing spray to your face after being outdoors.
- Take frequent baths or showers with cooler water.
- If you're wearing a cap or hat, remove it and pour a bit of ice cold water into the hat, then quickly invert it and place on your head.
- If you don't have air-conditioning arrange to spend at least parts of the day in a shopping mall, public library, movie theater, or other public space that is cool.