Happy Earth Day: Most Americans Recycle Wrong
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, various events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Unfortunately, most of us are still recycling the wrong. Did you know that pizza boxes can't be recycled, I know I'm guilty of trying to recycle pizza boxes.
Here are some troubling Earth Day Facts about how most of us are recycling wrong:
1. 82% of Americans want to be more environmentally friendly. But only 31% of people said they always recycle.
2. The average American throws out five things a week that could be recycled instead.
3. Three in ten Americans are now using reusable water bottles instead of plastic. And 29% of us try to avoid straws too.
4. 83% of us would be willing to pay extra for products if they were more environmentally friendly.
5. Our top five excuses for not recycling are: "It's not convenient enough". "I don't have space for the extra bin". "I don't have time to separate my recycling" "I don't have enough information about how to do it" and, "I'm too lazy.