4 Fun and Frightening Fall Events in the Capital Region this Month
Summer has come and gone so now it's time to hibernate right? NO WAY! The Fall and Halloween season in the Capital Region is a great time of year to get out of the house, enjoy some cider donuts, go on a hayride or get spooked by ghosts and the buildings they live in.
Halloween is on a Sunday this year so we have 3 more weeks of haunts and happenings to take in. Here are, in no particular order, 4 Fun Fall events happening in the Capital Region this month.
Candlelight Tours of the historic Stockade District, Schenectady - The Schenectady County Historical Society will be conducting, after dark, candlelight tours of the Stockade where you will hear the neighborhood’s most blood-curdling ghost stories.
- Tickets are $13
- Two tours to choose from - “Colonial Hauntings” or “Ghostly Victorian”.
- Tours are scheduled for each Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday in October
- Tours depart at 6:30 and 7:30pm
- Rain or Shine
Double M Haunted Hayrides, Ballston Spa - These guys have been doing haunted hayrides for 25 years so you know they know how to fright the night! This year experience the Dead-End Road Drive Thru experience!
- Tickets start at $30 and can be purchased HERE
- Your ticket will gain access to 6 different attractions
- Scheduled each Thursday - Sunday in October
Ghosts of Albany Walking Tour, Albany - Hear stories of ghosts mysterious apparitions and more as you stroll through some of the region’s legendary paranormal hot zones.
- Tours are scheduled for each Friday and Saturday evening for the rest of 2021
- Tours are 90 minutes
- Tours begin at 7pm
- $30 per person
Great Escape Fright Fest, Lake George - Head to Great Escape Saturdays and Sundays between 12 noon and 5pm for the non-scary, family-fun thrills and treats. This is perfect for kids and the whole family. At 5pm, Fright Fest takes over for the older members of the family.
- No costumes for guest over the age of 12.
- Tickets start at $29.99 and can be purchased HERE