Hometown Heroes Theme Months for 2015
All throughout the 2014-15 year, we will be recognizing one "hero" per month based on their inspirational feats, work helping their neighbors and every day passion through the County Waste Hometown Heroes program.
Each month will have a different theme.
- October: Breast Cancer Survivor (for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month)
- November: military heroes and vets
- December: local small businesses
- January: local volunteers
- February: local coaches
- March: a local person overcoming a disability
- April: law enforcement
- May: local nurses
- June: local teachers and educators
- July: local people involved in charitable organizations
- August: kids doing great things to better their communities
- September: firefighters and EMTs