Here Is How 10 Million Dollars Will Be Spent In Albany
A lot of revitalization is happening downtown there has been construction on the exit of 787 onto Clinton Avenue, its all part of a bigger initiative to improve downtown Albany. Some of the improvements that will happen is a .ew loft-style apartments for artists, a market for startup businesses, a Death Wish Coffee retail store, new lights, murals, signs, and other improvements are coming to the area around the Palace Theatre in downtown Albany known as Clinton Square.
Get ready for the following according to Biz Journals
- Design and Construct Clinton Avenue Streetscape Improvements$2.8 million
- Develop Live/Work Studios for Capital Region Artists — $2 million.
- Create a Distinctive Skyway Gateway — $800,000
- Pedestrian Improvements in Quackenbush Square — $650,000
- Transform the Livingston Avenue Railroad Bridge Underpass into a Downtown Gateway — $250,000
- Create a Secondary Vehicular and Pedestrian Entrance to the Quackenbush Garage — $250,000
- Construct Affordable Home Ownership Units at Ida Yarbrough Homes — $200,000
- Create a Local Coffee Company's First Standalone Café — $160,240
- Commission Four Large-Scale Murals as Part of the Capital Walls Program — $71,750
There is a lot of money to be spent hopefully these projects will employ people from the neighborhoods that surround downtown Albany that are in need of drastic renovation as well.