Code Blue Alert for Albany
With temperatures expected to be less than 32 degrees over the next 24 hours, Albany is calling for a Code Blue Alert ( CBA ).
Code Blue Albany is an outreach, transportation, and shelter protocol to engage, transport, and shelter homeless people in the City of Albany who do not have shelter during the winter. According to TUC, freezing temperatures are expected overnight Wednesday and Thursday.
For warm places to stay, contact the society’s hotline (518-463-2124) ext. 4. Below is also a list of places that provide shelter during the freezing temperatures.
- Coalition on Homelessness
- Albany County Department of Social Services
- Albany Fire Department
- Albany Police Department
- Albany Public Library
- Capital Area Council of Churches
- Emergency Overflow Homeless Shelter
- Capital City Rescue Mission
- Catholic Charities Housing Office
- City of Albany
- Homeless Action Committee
- Homeless and Travelers Aid Society (Code Blue Coordinator)
- Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless
- Veterans Administration Homeless Outreach Team