Chief Keef’s ‘Thot Breaker’ Project Is Finally Here
The 13 track project, which features production from the likes of Mike WiLL Made-It, D. Rich. K.E. on the Track, Young Chop, CB, and Keef himself (as Turbo), finds a more pop-leaning version of the same rapper who dropped the raucous banger "I Don't Like" over five years ago. Singing-heavy tracks like "Going Home" and "Can You Be My Friend" typify the sound permeating Keef's latest effort.
Thot Breaker marks an important step in Keef's musical comeback. He's got no plans of slowing up, either. Speaking with us in an exclusive interview about a month ago, Keef said the sound of the project was more R&B/pop and touched on his plans for the rest of the year.
“I’m gonna stop talking about it,” Keef said at the time. “I just want to show. I’m gonna get on my beast shit and get to dropping shit on their ass out of nowhere. Just know, you’re gonna see some heat.”
We spoke to Keef's producer and engineer CBMix, who produced on six of the 13 songs on the project. He told us about the making of Thot Breaker.
Chief Keef’s Thot Breaker Tracklist
1. “Alone (Intro)” [prod. by Turbo]
2. “Can You Be My Friend” (prod. by CBMix, Turbo & Young Chop)
3. “My Baby” (prod. by D. Rich)
4. “You & Me” (prod. by Turbo)
5. “Whoa” (prod. by CBMix & Turbo)
6. “Couple of Coats” (prod. by Mike WiLL Made-It)
7. “Grab a Star” (prod. by CBMix & Turbo)
8. “You My Number One” (prod. by CBMix)
9. “So Cal” (prod. by Turbo)
10. “Drank Head” (prod. by K.E. on the Track)
11. “My Head” (prod. by Turbo)
12. “Slow Dance” Feat. Young Chop (prod. by CBMix)
13. “Going Home” (prod. by CBMix & Hollywood J)
See Exclusive Photos of Chief Keef