Trey Songz vs. Tech N9ne – The Boombox Battle
The Boombox Battle between Trey Songz and Chris Brown ended in a close competition. Over 14,000 votes were made, but Trey continues to dominate the battle with 58.67 percent of the vote, leaving Chris with only 41.33 percent.
Trey’s big hit ‘Na Na’ chronicles his steamy sessions in the bedroom. Produced by DJ Mustard, the track has been moving up the Billboard charts and has already been remixed with the help of Troy Ave.
“I’m feeling lucky tonight / When we leave this party you gon’ love me tonight,” he croons on the song, which will be featured on his sixth studio album, ‘Trigga.’
Tech N9ne's 'Fragile' is Trey's opponent this week. Featuring Kendrick Lamar, ¡MAYDAY! and Kendall Morgan, the mid-tempo song (produced by mqDaniel 'Keys' Perez, ¡MAYDAY! and Ralfy "FAFA" Valencia) is perfect for each artist to rhyme over. The track is a top 15 song on the Rhythmic charts this week and is likely to break into the top 10. Whether it's the school bully as conveyed in the song's video or the media, the rappers detail criticism and its affect on someone.
"I'm the N9ne I'ma look very mean / When a foe scribe a line but he has never been at a show / By the times it'll be better, leave it in the sto / 'Cause they wrote nothin' but lies, quotes stuck in my eyes / Amateur writer dissin' / He's a beginner and hopes for your demise, folks I'ma despise / Never do try to listen / It's real, I'm mad / Clueless when you scribble on your pad / How you gonna criticize now with a chisel on your nads sizzling your ad / You don't really get why I'm so pissed? Understand this: / I'm an artist, and I'm sensitive about my s---," Tech delivers.
Will Trey Songz continue his reign in The Boombox Battle? Or will Tech N9ne's anti-bully song triumph? Vote for your favorite song in the poll below. Remember you can vote once per hour until the poll closes on Tues., May 13, at 10AM ET.
Listen to Trey Songz’s ‘Na Na’
Listen to Tech N9ne's 'Fragile' Feat. Kendrick Lamar, ¡MAYDAY! & Kendall Morgan
Rules of The Boombox Battle
Two artists compete against each other each week. The triumphant artist goes on to compete in the next The Boombox Battle. If an artist wins four straight The Boombox Battles, the song will be honored in The Boombox Battle Hall of Fame.