Hidden Mid-Century Upstate NY Pet Cemetery Is the Coolest Thing You’ll See Today [GALLERY]
This real-life pet cemetery will transport you to the 1940s.
I happened upon this cemetery on a recent walk in the woods. It's so interesting in so many ways. Here are my initial observations:
1. Look at how old these things are! The oldest stone dates all the way back to 1930.
2. Wow, families back then really cared about their pets. I'm not trying to say we don't, but these stones could not have been cheap.
3. These names are so thoughtful and creative! I mean, Hans Birdseye? That's just the best name for a cat.
4. My favorite commemoration in this whole graveyard is definitely the Pitbull-esque statue. This thing is absolutely royal. I think this blast from the past can teach us a thing or two about appreciating our pets.
5. Is it a little grim that I brought my own dog here? Maybe.