Best Selling Hip Hop Albums – Week Of 7/15/2013
J. Cole learned another valuable lesson from his mentor this week, “You’re not on top of the throne just yet.” The man who signed him, Jay-Z, scored his 13th number one album with his latest release, Magna Carta Holy Grail.
Cole shouldn’t be too shook up, though. His sophomore project is still number three on the charts after finishing at number one last week. Born Sinner is also out-pacing Kanye’s latest album, Yeezus, by about 20,000 copies.
The big comeback story on the charts this week is Ciara, who just dropped her self-titled album. It was the first album from the ATL song bird since 2010, which debuted at number forty-four on the charts. Three years later, she placed forty-two places higher, landing at number two. Her project features artists like Nicki Minaj, fellow ATL artist B.O.B. and her boyfriend, Future.
Those are just a few notes to report. Hip Hop pretty much owned the top ten, with six spots being occupied by:
1. Jay-Z – Magna Carta Holy Grail – 527,000 (debut)
2. Ciara – Ciara – 58,000 (debut)
3. J. Cole – Born Sinner – 39,000 (478,000 total)
6. Kanye West – Yeezus – 29,000 (459,000 total)
7. Wale – The Gifted – 28,000 (237,000 total)
10. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – The Heist – 22,000 (913,000 total)