Gilded Age 2 Starts in Albany this Weekend – Many Roads Shut Down!
It's exciting to have HBO crews in Albany to film parts of 'The Gilded Age 2', but with it comes a whole slew of road closures in and around Washington Park!
Back in May, the production team of "The Gilded Age" announced they were scouting locations in Rhode Island and New York for season two of the popular HBO series set in 1880's New York City.
“The Gilded Age” starring Christine Baranski, Cynthia Nixon, and Carrie Coon made Troy its primary home when the first season was recorded in May 2021, and recently they were in the Collar City shooting more.
But later this weekend, HBO's The Gilded Age Season 2 starts filming in Albany, what roads will be closed during the week-long production?
Parts of an entire neighborhood in Albany will be used to shoot scenes for the HBO production currently being shot in various parts of the Capital Region.
It's always exciting when major film crews come into our neighborhoods to make Hollywood magic - and in the case of the Gilded Age, transforming it into something from the late 1800s.
HBO crews, who have been filming parts of the series all over the Capital Region, sent out a notice a few weeks back to local residents in preparation, and here's, in part, what it said:
"Over the next few weeks will prepare locations and film scenes on a number of blocks adjacent to Washington Park. In order to accurately portray New York in 1883, we plan to populate the streets with horse and carriages and with actors dressed in period clothing on each shoot day."
On Wednesday, the Albany Police sent out a Nixle report alerting residents of the slew of road closures that go into effect Sunday evening starting at 8 PM.
The following will be closed starting 8 PM on Sunday, August 6th, until Monday at 9 PM:
- Both sides of Madison Avenue from Quail Street to North Lake Avenue
- Both sides of North Lake Avenue from Madison Avenue to Hudson Avenue
- North side of Washington Park Road from the pedestrian bridge to North Lake Avenue
The following will be closed starting 8 PM on Sunday, August 6th, until Friday, August at 8 PM:
- Both sides of State Street from Sprague Place to Lark Street
- East side of Sprague Place from Washington Avenue to State Street
- Both sides of Washington Park Road from Robin/State Street to Henry Johnson Boulevard inside the Park.
- West side of Henry Johnson Boulevard from Washington Avenue to State Street
- Both sides of Henry Johnson Boulevard inside the park from State Street to Lancaster Street including the loop area
- Both sides of Lancaster Street from Lark Street to Willett Street
- Both sides of Lancaster Street from Willett Street to Henry Johnson Boulevard
13 Celebs You Might Spot Anytime in Saratoga this Summer
Ranking The Top 15 Movies Filmed in Upstate New York
Summer In The City Free Movie Series