Blood Needed! Here’s How to Make Appointment to Donate at Crossgates Mall
Join us on Wednesday February 16, 2022 at Crossgates Mall, 1 Crossgates Mall Road in Albany for the Rock and Roll Up Your Sleeve blood drive. The event will take place between 12 Noon - 6:30pm and American Red Cross are asking healthy individuals to schedule an appointment HERE. Walk-Ins are also welcome.
As a thank you for your donation you will be entered in a raffle for the chance to win a variety of prizes from American Red Cross and retail partners at Crossgates Mall!
Other ways to schedule your donation appointment are:
- Use the Red Cross Blood Donor App
- Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
- Enable the Blood Donor Skill on any Alexa Echo device.
To donate blood, individuals need to bring:
- Blood donor card
- OR driver’s license
- OR two other forms of identification that are required at check-in
- Individuals who are 17 years of age where allowed by state law, weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
- High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also must meet certain height and weight requirements.
Once you arrive at Crossgates Mall on February 16th, use the entrance near the 110 Grill and Maggie McFly's. At the end of the hall way turn left and the Rock and Roll Up Your Sleeve event can be found on the lower level inside the former Hallmark space.
The Red Cross continues to have an ongoing, critical need for lifesaving blood in 2022 as blood product distributions to hospitals remain higher than anticipated.