Snow Emergency Plan Goes Into Effect Tonight
After last night's massive snow storm, the officials from the City Of Albany have declared a snow emergency. What that means is park on the correct side of the street or you will towed. The city is very persistent about towing cars, so make sure you are parked on the right side of the street. Here is the official memo, but it's easy to remember tonight is the even side of the street, tomorrow is the odd side of the street.
SNOW EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Albany, NY - Please be advised that the City of Albany has issued a SNOW EMERGENCY that will begin at 8:00 PM on Wednesday, March 15, 2017, at which time all normal parking rules and regulations are temporarily suspended.
· During the first 24 hours of the snow emergency all vehicles must be parked on the even numbered side of the street.
· Beginning at 8:00 P.M. Thursday, March 16, 2017 all vehicles must be parked on the odd numbered side of the street for the next 24-hour period.
If you are parked on the wrong side of the street during the snow emergency your car will be ticketed and may be towed.
After the second 24-hour period, please stay tuned for further announcements. For SNOW EMERGENCY information, call 518-476-SNOW or visit the City of Albany's website at albanyny.gov, facebook.com/CityofAlbanyMayorsOffice, and twitter.com/AlbanyCityHall.
IMPORTANT CONTACTS DURING THE SNOW EMERGENCY:
The Snow Emergency Hotline is 518-476-SNOW(7669); for general snow inquiries call the Department of General Services at 518-434-CITY(2489)
To report power outages and determine area repair schedules, call National Grid at 800-642-4272; in an emergency, call 911
If you would like to receive a text or email about a snow emergency, you can sign up for Nixle alerts at:
http://www.albanyny.org/…/Depar…/PoliceDepartment/Nixle.aspx. For real-time weather information, visit the National Weather Service.
During the snow emergency the City of Albany has made available additional parking located at various lots in the city the locations are as follows:
ARBOR HILL/SHERIDAN HOLLOW
1. PARKING AREA ADJOINING ARBOR HILL SOFTBALL FIELD
(NORTH LARK ST.)
2. 230 COLONIE ST. (PLAYGROUND LOT)
3. 178 COLONIE ST. (PLAYGROUND LOT)
4. TEN BROECK MANSION (PARKING LOT & SIDEWALK WEST END)
1. RIDGEFIELD PARK (ENTER ON PARTRIDGE ST.)
2. WOODLAWN PARK LITTLE LEAGUE
3. WATERSON PARK (WESTLAND HILLS) ENTER ON COLVIN AVE.
4. WASHINGTON PARK (ALL ROADWAYS AND PARKING AREAS)
1. KRANK PARK AREA
2. FRANKLIN ST. (BETWEEN SCHUYLER & BASSETT STS. – EAST SIDE)
3. LINCOLN PARK (ALL INTERIOR ROADWAYS & PARKING AREA)
1. 77 PHILIP ST. (PLAYGROUND)
2. 88 PHILIP ST. (PLAYGROUND)
1. NORTH SECOND & NORTH THIRD STS. (ABOVE PEARL ST.)
2. PARKING AREA ACROSS FROM NORTH ALBANY AMERICAN LEGION POST
1. BLEECKER STADIUM (PARKING AREA & ROADWAYS)
2. NORTH SIDE OF LIVINGSTON AVE. (OPPOSITE JUDSON ST.) Parking Lot
The following streets should look for emergency no parking signs posted by the Albany Police Department to determine which side of the street to park on:
• Central Avenue (Lark Street to Henry Johnson Blvd)
• Pine Street (Eagle Street to Lodge Street)
• Columbia Street (Eagle Street to Lodge Street)
• Elk Street (Eagle Street to N. Hawk Street)
• Willett Street (Madison Avenue to State Street)
• Jay Street (Turn Around to Hudson Avenue)
• Robin Street (Madison Avenue to Myrtle Ave)
• Thurlow Terrace (Western Avenue to Dead End)
• Englewood Place (Western Avenue to Dead End)
• Sprague Place (Western Avenue to State Street)
• Bleeker Place (Phillip Street to Eagle Street)
• Lark Street (Madison Avenue to Myrtle Avenue)
• Leonard Place (Delaware Avenue to Dead End)
• Madison Place (Eagle Street to Philip Street)
• Wilbur Street (Philip Street to Grand Street)
• Park Avenue (Dove Street to S. Swan Street)
• Manning Square (Manning Blvd to Central Avenue)
• Manning Blvd (Bridal Path, Western Avenue to Washington Avenue)
• Niblock Court (Ver Plank Street to Dead End)
• Essex Street (Watervliet Avenue to Rawson Street)
• N. Main Avenue (Washington Avenue to Manning Blvd)
• O'Leary Blvd (Western Avenue to Washington Avenue)
• Northern Blvd (Colonie Street to Manning Blvd)
• Manning Blvd (Livingston Avenue to Arbor Drive)
• McPherson Terrace (#15 to Judson Street)
• Hall Place (Ten Broeck Place to Second Street)
• St Joseph Terrace (Second Street to First Street)
• N Second Street (Broadway to Jennings Drive)
• N. Third Street (Broadway to Dead End)
• Helderberg Avenue (Main Avenue to Weiss Road)
• Kate Street (Whitehall Road to Cuyler Avenue)
f your vehicle has been towed, call Albany Police Department at 438-4000, for information on how to retrieve your vehicle.
Snow emergency brochures, which outline all of the Snow Emergency procedures, can be picked up at any City firehouse, police station or branches of the Albany Public Library.
Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information visit the Albany Police, on their facebok page.