Eminem Reveals Near-Fatal Drug Overdose
Eminem is opening up about a scary near-fatal experience he had with drugs. In the new film, 'How to Make Money Selling Drugs,' the private rapper shares how he almost died after becoming addicted to Vicodin.
“When I took my first Vicodin, it was like this feeling of ‘Ahh.’ Like everything was not only mellow, but didn’t feel any pain,” Eminem explains. “It just kind of numbed things… I don’t know at what point exactly it started to be a problem. I just remember liking it more and more."
Slim Shady's friends apparently tried to help him, but to no avail. "People tried to tell me that I had a problem," he shares. "I would say, ‘Get that f---in' person outta here. I can’t believe they said that s--- to me.’ They knew nothing about my f---in' life."
The addiction culminated in a trip to the hospital where Em almost died. “Had I have got to the hospital about two hours later, I would have died. My organs were shutting down. My liver, kidneys, everything. They were gonna have to put me on dialysis. They didn’t think I was gonna make it. My bottom was gonna be death,” he says.
'How to Make Money Selling Drugs,' directed by Matthew Cooke and produced by Bert Marcus, is a documentary condemning the war on drugs. The film debuts June 28.
Watch Eminem Discuss Near-Fatal Drug Overdose