Doin’ Lines With G-Eazy
G-Eazy fills in the blanks.
As told to Emmanuel C.M.
Editor’s Note: This story originally appeared in the summer issue of XXL Magazine, on stands now.
1. The best pitcher in Oakland A’s history is TIM HUDSON.
2. If I could own a sports team it would be THE WARRIORS.
3. Five years ago I was HELLA BROKE TOURING IN MY MANAGER’S GIRLFRIEND’S SUV.
4. “TELL ME WHEN TO GO” is my favorite E-40 song.
5. The Bay is ON FIRE RIGHT NOW.
6. I can’t leave the house without my TWO PHONES AND MY LEATHER JACKET.
7. “ALWAYS BE GRACIOUS AND RESPECTFUL AND SHOW LOVE” is the best advice I ever got.
8. If I wasn’t a rapper, I would be a PRODUCER.
9. Steph Curry IS THE GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE.
10. The first girl I fell in love with was JAQUIA AKA KEKE.
11. Most people think I look like JAMES DEAN OR JOHNNY CASH.
12. I would get shell-shocked if I ever met EMINEM OR NAS.
13. The most important album to me growing up was DR. DRE’S 2001.
14. “WHEN DOVES CRY” is my favorite Prince song.
15. I must do a song with KANYE WEST.
16. One thing I hate is DOING INTERVIEWS.
17. If I could tell the youth one thing it’s TO DREAM.
18. The most memorable moment so far of my life is BRINGING OUT MAC DRE’S MOM AND MY MOM TOGETHER ON STAGE TO DANCE TO “FEELIN’ MYSELF.”
19. Whiskey is THE LIFE OF A MAN, WHISKEY FROM AN OLD TIN CAN.
20. “EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY” OR “FAR ALONE” are my best songs created.
Check out more from XXL’s Summer 2016 issue including our 2015 XXL Freshman year-end report card; Joey Badass, Raury and Dizzy Wright talk about The Four Agreements, Madeintyo‘s Show & Prove interview, Bump J speaking straight from prison, Cardi B’s rising rap career, Le’Veon Bell‘s rap skills, Zoey Dollaz’s Show & Prove interview, Eye Candy Jess Taras, five of the most infamous murder-related cases in hip-hop, PnB Rock‘s journey from the cell to the stage and more.
Subscribe to HOT 99.1 on